We have hit a total standstill in the kitchen remodel and it's getting difficult to handle! No work has been done on the kitchen for 2 weeks!!! We are waiting for kitchen cabinetry still and I am getting impatient. Everyone warned me before we began that everything ALWAYS takes longer than they predict. The cabinets are set to be installed next week...not sure what day. Fingers are crossed.
We are in the process of selecting countertops which I am getting VERY excited about. I am obsessed with marble and would die for it in the kitchen, but it is extremely impractical and know it is not an option. Therefore, I have been looking for granite that looks like marble, but essentially there is no such thing. We are exploring other options and we are now obsessed with natural quartzite. (notice I love to use the term "obsessed") Of course quartzite just so happens to be more expensive and my luck is the color of slab we want is all sold out in the whole metroplex. (apparently there are others that are also obsessed with quartzite) I have no idea what we'll do to find some, but I am going to let the contractors worry about that one.
On a different note, the babies took a visit to the mall play area today with Nana and I. It was swamped with kids of all ages. I felt like mine were the youngest and the least mobile. Children were jumping and flipping off of equipment, and Jones and London were mesmerized by it while Nana & I were stressed out about it.
The good news is Jones met his first girlfriend today, so that's exciting news. This little cutie literally ran up to him like they were long lost friends, got down on his level and started hugging him and patting his head. (she did try to put her thumbs in his eyes which is odd but luckily her mother put a stop to that) I haven't pulled my pics from today so I will post some Nana sent me.

No comments:
Post a Comment