My sweet snugglers...London must be having a funny dream!
Well I can officially say my twins have now had their first "graduation"! They have been moved from the 4th floor to the 7th floor! Yippee!! Apparently, the 4th floor was getting a little over crowded, so they select candidates that mainly just need to work on eating and growing, and move them to a less critical floor. I am VERY proud of them!
Today Jones weighed in at 4 lbs. 2 oz. and London weighed in at 4 lb. 7 oz.!!! That's great weight gain! Right now they are being transitioned to receiving 1 of their 8 feedings through a bottle. When they are close to mastering that, they will move to 2 feedings from the bottle, etc. Eventually they will need to take all 8 feedings from the bottle with no problem. I honestly have no idea how long of a learning process that is. The doctors don't give us an estimated time they will be discharged as not to get our hopes up and then something happens to delay that.
I am scrambling around everyday trying to prepare everything at the house for them, but somehow my days feel like the shortest days EVER. The time just FLIES by and before I know it, it's time for bed.
I finally was able to determine why I wasn't able to get over this hump of not feeling better since the delivery. I had severe flu like symptoms on Tuesday and went to the doctor to learn I had a uterine infection from the C-section. I knew something wasn't quite right, but REALLY knew something wasn't right when I had the chills, headache, and really high fever. I got a shot and a TON of antibiotics and I am on my way to feeling 100%. I wasn't able to see the babies for 2 days since I had a fever so that was a bummer! Fortunately, I get to go see them today!

I LOVE how they are snugglers! J and L are just SO beautiful! SO glad that you are feeling better! I'm sure it was so hard to not see the babies for two days!!
ReplyDelete