Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Life on the 7th Floor

I did want to post a quick update. I have now been hospitalized in the antepartum unit for a week and a day. WOW, does that seem like forever!?! I have a new found respect for these women that are on bed rest for months.

The babies & my contractions are monitored twice a day and last Saturday morning my contractions started acting up again. (NOTHING like Tuesday though) The nurse came in and said she had orders this time to immediately give me the shot to stop them....WHEW! Within minutes the contractions had stopped. The medication does make me really shaky and jittery....which is the weirdest uncontrollable feeling, but it's worth it!

The babies' heartbeats have been consistent and look great. They are accelerating and dropping in the appropriate patterns that the nurses say are excellent. I got another sonogram this morning and was so excited to see their growth. Unfortunately, I didn't realize they weren't going to do another growth sonogram today so the doctor just looked at placement (still both head down and LOW), and movement. It appears that nothing has changed much since last week which is good. London is still applying a lot of pressure and that is why they don't want me vertical. I am not sure of their current weights as of today, but the doctor predicts over 4 lbs. a piece.

I am still hanging in there and just laying here all day everyday. Very boring, but WELL worth it! The doctor said that every additional day they are in me is 2 LESS days in the NICU. This is very encouraging. Also, many of you have asked how far along I am....this is kind of confusing to answer. First, there is my initial due date based upon my cycle, then there is the estimated due date based upon their first sonogram (supposedly most accurate), then there is the estimated due date based upon each of their other sonograms. So there have been MANY different estimations on how far along I am. As of right now, they are being conservative and saying 32 1/2 weeks.

Not too much else to report as of now, but check back on the blog for more updates to come. Thanks again to EVERYONE for their prayers as I truly feel they have been heard and that is why Jones and London have not been born yet. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for an update!! I think of and pray for you, David, and the babies daily. Amy and I were just talking about you and hoping that things were going well. I am so glad that Jones and London have decided to stay put for a bit longer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! Over 4lbs sounds wonderful. So thankful to hear that you are all doing well. We will continue to pray for your health and safety! And for your sanity while you wait. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! I bet you are getting bored, but you have such a great attitude about it!
    That is amazing that 1 day inside you is 2 less days in NICU!
    Take care of yourself and you all are in my constant prayers!
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete