Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thankful

A house in our neighborhood was struck by lightning late this afternoon and set on fire and I feel so bad for the family. David and I were out running an errand and David spotted the smoke from a couple miles away. We were discussing what the smoke could be coming from and concluded it must be a house fire. As we got closer and closer to our home, we realized the smoke was practically coming from our house!! Both of our hearts were RACING at one point till we turned the corner and saw our house was not on fire! But we did see the neighbor's house in flames. It was very very sad to see. A ton of neighbors were out in front of the house while at least 20 firemen were fighting the flames. David and I have been praying for this family this afternoon...it definitely was a good reminder to be thankful for everything we have cause it could have been our house that was hit. (and our babies and Nana were home at the time)


4 comments:

  1. oh my word! That's a legit fire. Glad you guys are ok. Poor neighbors :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Find out if they need anything. Mark's house was hit by lightening when they were little and burned down. His mom says people brought them things like sheets, pots and pans, and obviously clothes. Let us know how we can help. Glad you are ok. We will keep them in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (By how we can help I'm thinking how bad is the damage--do they need kitchen stuff you think? and maybe an estimation of sizes?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That brings back memories, my house was hit by lightning and burned when I was 12 and I lost everything in my room. After the fire,our neighbors helped to remove my parents things that were salvagable and stored them in their garages. Our house was rebuilt and we got new stuff, but it was a very hard experience. I'm glad it wasn't your house.-- Sarah Sanders

    ReplyDelete